How to Find a Shopify SEO Expert - A2X How-To Guide
Top things to consider when looking for professional help
For those who want to do more than break even with their Shopify store – which is most people! – it isn’t enough to just create a store, add your products, and expect your customers to be able to find you. If you want to turn a profit with a great e-commerce store, you need to market your products – including search engine optimisation (SEO).
Shopify SEO experts can help you create an e-commerce store that attracts valuable customers – those who are looking for your products and who are more likely to make a purchase.
If you’re on the hunt for a Shopify SEO expert, here’s where to find one and what considerations you need to make. If enlisting the help of a professional isn’t within your budget right now, consider investing in a Shopify SEO app.
How your Shopify store will benefit from expert help
Like anything to do with running an e-commerce business, with time and patience you too could learn all there is to know about Shopify and SEO. Sometimes, though, putting that intention into practice can be tougher than first expected.
Here’s what your store could benefit from by partnering with a Shopify SEO expert:
- Expert knowledge – any business investment you make, whether it be time or money, should drive the best results for your store. If you’re new to Shopify and don’t have any experience running an SEO campaign, working with an expert means your store can start benefiting from optimisation quicker and more efficiently.
A Shopify SEO expert knows how to use Shopify, and from experience, how to best optimise it to improve your online shop’s performance.
- Dedicated time – as we mentioned earlier, SEO is among a long list of business tasks that will require your time and effort. It can take a lot of time and work to optimise your Shopify store and drive results – time you might not have.
Working with experts means you can focus on implementing or growing other parts of your business, while they take care of all things SEO.
- Brand consistency – at the core of every successful e-commerce store is a well-loved and well-cared-for brand that’s consistent across all customer touchpoints. A Shopify SEO expert is someone who understands this and can help you carry your brand throughout the digital world.
A consistent brand across all platforms does wonders for attracting valuable shoppers because it’s familiar and recognised.
What makes a Shopify SEO expert?
One of the best things to do before speaking with any Shopify SEO expert is to define where you think your website could improve. That might be keyword integration, optimising site structure or improving user experience like site speed. Then, when you start looking for someone to work with, you at least have some idea of what services you need.
If you’re unsure of what help you need, ask the expert to audit your site, and provide recommendations for improvements. From there, you can decide what you’d like to implement first.
The next step is to find a Shopify SEO expert (either an individual or company) that provides the services you’re looking for.
Those that specialise in SEO will understand SEO as an umbrella term; it’s one part of a wider digital marketing strategy, and to effectively maximise and drive SEO performance, they’ll have experience – or at the very least, knowledge – in a variety of digital marketing areas.
Shopify SEO experts may also offer services in:
- Brand design – to help make sure your brand is consistently showcased across all your digital platforms
- Page speed – the ability to keep your website running fast and loading quickly
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising – how to use paid advertising to learn more about your audience, attract new leads and find relevant keywords for your store and customers
Paying the price
Rather than asking, “How much can I expect to pay for an SEO expert?” you should first be asking “What is my budget?” That will determine the level of investment you’re able to make – especially if you’re wanting to incorporate PPC advertising as well.
As you start to research Shopify SEO experts, you’ll probably find there is no standard price. To help you decide, keep in mind that an expert’s price reflects knowledge, experience and results. Whether you’re considering a cheaper company because of a limited budget, or a more expensive option, you need to make sure whatever you’re spending fits comfortably within your budget, and the expert can track and report on the results of your investment.
Also, be aware that SEO takes time – remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Don’t be fooled by an ‘expert’ who promises immediate results. With search engines constantly changing their algorithms, make sure your budget is prepared for a long-term approach to SEO.
_Client testimonials _
Finally, if you want insight into Shopify SEO experts, look no further than their client testimonials. Look for ones that speak to an expert’s abilities and track record, and make sure they’re a good fit for you and your business.
Where to find the good ones
Type into Google ‘Shopify SEO expert’ and you’ll no doubt be bombarded with options. If you have the time and patience to trawl through Google, consider the top-ranking search results first – it’s a good indication that they know what they’re talking about if they themselves rank high in the search results. Also, consider experts who are based near you and ask whether they outsource their work.
If you don’t have the time or the patience to speed up the process, consider looking for a Shopify SEO expert here:
- Shopify Experts – see where each registered company is located, what their starting rate is, how many SEO jobs they’ve completed and how others have rated their services.
- Upwork (or other hire freelancer platforms) – a great option if you know what you’re looking for and would rather advertise for help.
Can’t afford an expert just yet?
If you’re limited by budget and employing expert services just isn’t an option right now, there are things you can do in the meantime to ensure your store is headed in the right direction.
These 11 Actionable Shopify SEO tips can help you get your Shopify store ranking well for the right target keywords.
Define your needs and budget to find an expert that fits
If SEO feels like a can of worms you don’t want to open, perhaps its time you consider working with a Shopify SEO expert. A great SEO campaign will drive valuable traffic to your store, help to increase sales, and grow the profitability of your business. Hiring a professional to help you implement good SEO strategies can bring a great return on investment.
When it comes time to picking which expert to work with, first establish where there is room for improvement, decide on the budget you have to work with – and then find an expert that fits your needs.
Ready to get started?
Save time, work smarter and get reliable Amazon and Shopify financials you can trust, in a matter of minutes.